We have a challenge!
Now through the end of December, Aksarben Curling Club board member Nick Allmaker will personally match all stone handle adoptions dollar-for-dollar (up to the first 10 stones). That means when you adopt a stone for $400, your adoption becomes $800!
The Aksarben Curling Club has opportunities for messages to be engraved or otherwise displayed on stone handles. By adopting a stone, you are contributing toward our long-term goal of building a dedicated curling facility and showing your support for the Aksarben Curling Club.
Member Stone Adoption
Members “adopt” stones to provide some personal message, usually their own or family’s name. Stone adoption helps foster the “we’re all in this together” nature of our curling club.
- Stone adoption is only available to members of the club
- The Board of Directors may allow others to “adopt” stones
- Adopted stone messages remain for the life of the stone
- Adopted stone messages must be non-commercial in nature
- The member adopting the stone gets to choose which stone from the un-adopted stones (which set, color, and stone number)
- The Board of Directors approves all messages before they’re displayed
- The Board of Directors sets the adoption price
Stones are the main objects curlers see during their games. Local businesses may choose to “sponsor” a stone to put a message out to our membership or potentially to observers.
- Sponsored stones may have messages or displays added to them, so long as it doesn’t distract from players’ ability to distinguish sets of stones
- Sponsored stone displays remain for a specified number of “curling years.” Our curling year starts September 1 each year
- The Board of Directors approves all displays before they’re displayed
- Sponsorships are negotiated by the President or their designee